Supplements

Is it a must to consume red date tea/fish/confinement food, etc or can just take supplements? (Confinement & breastfeeding) What supplements would u guys recommend? (boost milk supply) (I am a very picky eater, can’t take vegetables especially & lots of other foods/fruits, if i try i will throw up n have bad stomach ache n headaches so I’m turning to supplements instead.)

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

Why do we have confinment after giving birth it's because our body went thru a major changes and we lost alot of blood and nutrients. That is why we have confinement to heal our body. It's your choice to take care your body a not. To boost breastmilk you can try Fish lots of fish especially threadfin fish. Green Papaya fish soup. Oats biscuits. Barley. Drink lots of water. Keep latching and pumping to boost supply. Durians. Mummy a piece of advice to you, you must take care yourself well first in order to care for your kids.

Read more
4y ago

can i take supplements in place of all these foods?

Super Mum

Milk production depends largely on demand-supply rather than what you eat. Certain foods or supplements can give you a temporary boost but nothing is better than latching and pumping frequently. So don't worry about not being able to eat certain food and keep on latching! Of course try to have a balanced diet and stay hydrated so you can recover, but no need to be very strict about it as long as you eat adequately.

Read more
VIP Member

You can try legendairy supplements or fenugreek