Feeling like giving up on this pregnancy

Mums - the morning sickness has taken a toll on me. I lost many kg. Average 3-4 vomits a day. Entering 2nd trimester but no sign of improvements. I am coming to my senses that I could no longer carry on with this. Why has it been so unfair? Why me?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Ask gynae for anti puke med dilectin. Use ruyi oil, peppermint oil for nose, chest to make u feel better. Eat small meals. Wear the anti puke wrist band. I lost 3 kg in 5 weeks in 1st tri for my first preg. Eat and puke all our immediately till week 17 Lost 1kg in 2nd preg in 1st tri coz i tried all of the above. Still puke but less frequently.. I can feel u coz for 2 preg I kept on telling my hub I have enough.. every tri will have its prob... I'm not the lucky one to be able to eat and eat without puking..

Read more
Super Mum

I had nausea for 9 months.. the whole pregnancy. It was terrible. I also had sciatica and pubic symphysis dysfunction and was in severe pain for 2/3 my pregnancy. The sacrifices are big and some days everything seems unbearable. But your baby’s worth it. Really. You are your baby’s hero and entire world. Please take all the medicine you need (diclectin, maxolon, ondansetron) to help with the nausea. They’re pretty good (just that you might feel sleepy). And hang in there! You can do it!

Read more

You are not alone! I lost quite a few kgs during my first - second trimester as well. Vomited alot and had no appetite at all. I know how terrible you feel. It only got better at week 16 for me. Hopefully you will feel better soon! Gave birth recently and my baby is of healthy weight range as well. So don't worry so much, let your gynae guide you along. Stay strong and rest more!

Read more
4y ago

I was given Diclectin! And I took them for quite a while. You can ask your gynae about the possible side effects. I am sure your gynae will prescribe what's safe for you.

I went through the same too. Mine was accompanied with a very bad throbbing headache everyday. Not helping that i have to work and care for 2 of my other children. What works for me was eating something very sour like sour plum, sour prune. It really helps me with the morning sickness. I wish you well mummy. It will be over sooner that you think :)

Read more

Dilectin helped alot for me too! I lost few kg in my first and second trimester. Only started gaining back in the mid of 2nd trimester. Was gaining so little weight that my gynae was worried. He told me to eat anything that makes me feel better even if it means junk food. Hang in there!! It will get better 💪💪

Read more
Super Mum

You must have been struggling! Check with your doctor to see if he us able to prescribe any meds. I used to bring biscuits and sour plums to munch on, not sure if it helps.

Jia you dear,dont give up 🤗 your honeymoon period will be coming soon,i also loss 7kg due to morning sickness but it ended in my 5months pregnancy 。 🥰

TapFluencer

hang it there and don’t give up! get your gynae to prescribe you with medication to ease your nausea.

Hang in there. It will be all worth it when you see your little one at the end of the marathon

My gynae prescribed me with ondangestron , it works ! Hang on there

4y ago

I went to gynae and was prescribed ondansetron. Is it safe? I am entering my second trimester. Thanks.