Mums, if you find an usual number of men's numbers in your helper's diary, is this something you would worry about? How would you investigate? Or would you just question her?

26 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'll only worry if she bring those guys into your home. Other than that, I feel you should respect her privacy. But if you really don't trust her, you might want to install a CCTV in your house just to make sure.

As long as it doesn't affect her work, and there's no any other suspicious behaviour while she's around you and your family, I think you should respect her privacy and give her the benefit of the doubt.

I'd respect her privacy tbh. She can do what she wants as long as it don't bother her work. I mean, as long as she doesn't bring them to my home and she does her job, maybe they;re all just good friends.

I would casually question her and that too if required... Don't need to unnecessarily raise an alarm unless she has male visitors over in my absence or is indulging in a way affecting her chores.

I believe that what the maid does in her own free time is fine as long as it does not impact her work. I agree with the thoughts above that it will be good to keep an eye out just in case.

VIP Member

I agree with Nitin. Finding numbers on her diary, doesn't amount to being a crime. However, it is an alarming situation and you must keep a tab on her activities, if possible.

I would not try to investigate or question her directly, but surely this thing will give me an alarm and I would like to closely monitor her activities when she is around.

...focus more on her performance. At the end of the day if she delivers well and mean no harm to your family then nothing to worry about. Plant trust and kindness.

As long as it does not affect her work, I would be ok with it. If she spends lots of time on phone or invites someone over, then I would worry about it.

As long as she doesn't bring any of them home or let it interfere with her work, I am okay with it and would most likely leave the issue alone.