Mums, I have a query. Does anyone here give oats to children? My baby is not fond of oats. Any interesting recipes?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

How old is your Bub? I give my 15 Mths old oats Everyday in various forms; oats porridge, oats cookies, oat milk, oven baked oats, oat coated fish fillets, etc and I never add sugar in my home prep food. I replace sugar with fresh fruits. Natural sweetness always the best. Try them!

How about mixing a baby-favourite, sweet potato, with oats? The taste and creaminess of the sweet potato should complement the texture of oats (that baby might not be a fan of). Here's a recipe you can try: http://minimalistbaker.com/sweet-potato-pie-oats/

Post reply image

my kids thankfully love oats, and so do i :) i make a lot of recipes using oats, such as oats dosa, oats chila, oats in the idli batter, vegetable oats, oats khichdi and the like.

I did oat choc chips cookies for my boy. He loves it. I followed this recipe.. Easy and yummy! Happy baking!

Post reply image

Try something simple. Mix some oats with apples or fruit of your choice and a tinge of milk or yogurt.

VIP Member

My mil does give oats to my elder. But i don't like so i never force any oats into him

Step 2 attached.

Post reply image