What foods to avoid

Hello mums to be, do you all avoid caffeine and cold drinks? Just want to have a poll cos I’m hearing mixed replies from my friends! Appreciate any sharing :)

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Week 8.5 here, first pregnancy. Have stopped my usual daily morning coffee since suspecting my pregnancy. Changed the tea at home to caffeine-free tea. Still drinking cold drinks esp when outside because the hot drinks are all coffee/tea and hot milo at hawker/coffeeshops can be way too sweet. My gynae says it's totally fine though, no need to avoid, 1 cup of coffee/tea a day is definitely okay.

Read more
VIP Member

I still drink cold water, coffee, tea everyday. Will limit myself to 1 to 2 cups per day and these servings will be more diluted than usual. Cold water, without ice & occasionally frizzy drinks but only drink once every 2 weeks. Sometimes it's just a craving so drink a few sips and pass to my husband. 😄

Read more
TapFluencer

I learn from experience. my aunt has coffee craving very badly during her pregnancy and her boy came out to be super dark skin tone. so I avoided. cold drinks occasionally but without ice. a few friends of mine who drink cold drinks with ice through out pregnancy has issue with baby having phelgm easily.

Read more

I have my usual coffee every morning. But only once a day. Also have cold drink everyday. Like when ure pregnant, everything is extra hot. So I prefer cold drinks and sucking on ice cubes likes they’re candies. But please avoid or minimise sugary drinks! We don’t want it to turn to GD!

I still drink tea (hot tea, bbt etc) about 3 times a week? I am not a coffee person. I also take cold drinks (soft drinks, fresh milk, fruit juice etc). I think the main concern about sweet drinks is risk of GD, but if your test result is fine then I guess it shouldn't be an issue

I only drink sips of coffee from my husband's cup (I'm a heavy coffee drinker before I got pregnant & will have to control myself) but I do drink tea sometimes. Not more than a cup/day. I drink cold drink all day everyday. Body is warm due to the growing baby so yup

Now I drink max 1 cup coffee/tea (Kopi C / Teh O siew dai) per day for 3-4 days per week. I drink cold drinks too 2-3 times a week. I would suggest to avoid drinking too much 3-in-1 which doc advise as I was diagnosed with borderline GD at later stage.

VIP Member

You can have in moderation. For caffeine, 1 cup a day seems fine. For cold drinks, if you are referring to aerated soft drinks then it's better to avoid due to the high sugar content. But once a while should be fine

Avoided Coffee.. for tea I go with Black tea instead of Green tea. Try to limit to 2 cups per week n have it less strong. I’m Still taking cold drinks but not ice one.. but not daily or so.

TapFluencer

Drinking cold drinks (plain water) everyday cos super hot. Im still drinking coffee 1-2cups a day (with cream n without sugar). Gynae say its ok. Im week 31 now, no GD n baby is doing well.