Appointments

Mummys is it ok to skip screening and dr's appointment at 2nd tri?

25 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Natasha! It is crucial to go for your appointment at every trimester. Routine tests like blood pressure and urine test may not seem so important but it is important to track ur blood pressure throughout ur pregnancy and urine test etc. Your gynae too will check ur baby’s heartbeat, position and amniotic fluid level at every appointment. We won’t be able to assess all of these if we don’t turn up for appointment. All the best to you!

Read more

Advisable not to,cos have to monitor for blood pressure and protein in urine..if there is complications,it will be more costly to treat if not detected early.. if you wish to save cost,can try to go subsidised care..I had my checkup done under team clinic at SGH,each visit about $40(without scan) and they dun scan frequently also..also,sometimes they will give 4-6 weeks appt,so dun need to go too frequently if the health is okay..

Read more

Hi babe... If u had fiance problems u ccan approach msw hospital they help u with all de bill coz not good if u skip de appt 2nd tri it's very important..

VIP Member

Not advisable. 2nd trimester also involves detailed fetal abnormalities scan besides the urine test and blood pressure monitoring as well.

It is advisable not to skip any session. All the screen is important as it is to check on the baby growth and development.

I'd suggest not to. In fact im always looking forward to my dr's appt. At least we can monitor baby's progress too!! 😁

Better don't! You must meet your doctor, to review & discuss anything important related your pregnancy progressing

TapFluencer

Never skip a Doctors appointment at all. This is your baby’s health and wellness. Make sure you are on top of it

TapFluencer

Better not to skip. They need to check on the baby growth and development to make sure the baby is well.

Doctor wants to ensure you and your baby is doing well. Try not to miss for your own and baby safety.