Stressed at 35 weeks

Hi mummys🌸 I keep having meltdowns where people around me keep talking about normal delivery, is not that i dont want to but my diabetic has been hard to control in 3rd tri and my BP jst not as good as before due to hypertension during pregnancy. Baby is 3.4kg. head is big. Baby has to be delivered at 37weeks Alot of comments saying csect is easy way out, too bad you cant feel the normal delivery, go for normal, try normal. Is not i dont want to🥺but risk for baby and me. Despite before explaining my condition, i was look down😔am surrounded by alot normal delivery friends and cousins whom never gone through csect but keep saying they will never choose csect. 😢😢😢 I just want my baby safe. Thats it. Why isit bad to choose csect😔 is my baby safety and mine too. Is my first baby#1stimemom

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Lose those friends of yours - regardless of the reason it's your birth your choice, it is not their place to comment or judge. There are medical pros and cons to c-sect and natural, not just from a safety necessity perspective but also aftercare and the effects on your body years later (surprise, natural birth is more damaging). I have friends who opt for C-sect day the day they knew they were pregnant, and I just let them know what the cons are to ensure its an informed decision, no judgement at all. surviving 9 months with GD to boot is not easy, you're still a mother who's going to deliver a baby. Go, you!

Read more

I feel you sis. im 35 wks now. diabetic had to take medication once every morning and prick my finger twice a week. i wanted to do a csect but alot of ppl keep on condemming just cos yknw they went to vaginal birth. gynae gonna induce me at my 38wks as the hosp im gg is very ons on pronatural. me too bp is not stable. so you just do what best for you. you are not less of a mom or woman if you dont do natural. they dont owe u or ur baby life. prep urself mentally, spiritually and physically, and if can stop sharing to them, humans always have something to rebutt! haha. all the best sis. u can do this.

Read more

at the end of the day, Csect or normal delivery, you're still going to be a mum! 🤗 you're still giving birth to your baby. only you and baby knows whats going on. you don't have to explain it to anyone. we all have our own birth story and no two birth story is the same. go through yours and tell it proudly! 💓 remember, your baby don't care how you bring them in to this world. they're just happy you did cause they can't wait to see you and to feel your hug. lots of love for you new mama. *hugs* 💓💓💓

Read more

Ignore others’ opinions. They can honestly f it. (pardon me haha) It’s your decision for the safety of you and baby that matters most. Follow what you feel is best with advices from gynae. Do whatever it takes to have the smoothest delivery, it is indeed the most rewarding feeling holding your baby the moment he/she is born. 💕 Be firm and strong dear mummy. You can do this. 💪

Read more

tbh.. is easy to say not to bother about others but we human always take other's opinion seriously.. try try try to relax mummy.. baby and u will be fine!!! i also keep having meltdowns too during pregnancy. is not worth it!! whenever u feel like going to cry, touch your belly and you will be fully charged again!!! be strong mummy!!!

Read more

Oh wow. i was in a different situation than you. so many ppl have been asking me to csect and not do natural! Saying csect is so much better, faster.... But my gynae is against it for now... But of cos if you have medical reason, safer to do csect! it doesnt make you less as a mother. dont bother with what others think!

Read more

Ignore what people say. Do what is best for you. I was mentally prepared for csect when gynae told me baby in breech position. Thankfully she turned. But to me, whatever is safe and good for both of us, just do it. We cant please every one. Its just that people say csect is a longer process for recovery only. :)

Read more

On the contrary, lots of ppl around me went for c-sect. Think about the pros of c-sect: you can have your baby next to you in 5 mins time, you can choose the date that you want them to come out, you are less likely to suffer from urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse.

Your baby, your body, your way. Period. They cannot give birth on your behalf, and they don’t understand the medical reason behind your decision and that’s fine. We are not accountable to others. only to ourselves and our baby.

Chin up babe! Ignore what others say do what best for you and your baby. It doesn’t matter if you delivering your baby through c-sect or normal delivery as long as you and your baby are safe and healthy😊