Engorged!!!

Hey mummy may I know the solution to engorged breast? I tried the cold cabbage method but it only gave me temporary relief.

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Keep on massage till soften bath with warm/hot water n massage 20-30mins , it’s ok to be longer till u feel better Use hot towel n compressed to it n massage Express bm a little by little. Baby suckle till soften Once it’s soften, quickly pump milk out. If still painful, immediately make a appt with lactation lady to help u massage n clear it off. Keep massage till she comes Every time pump, please clear your bm. You can massage before you pump each time

Read more
TapFluencer

Cold cabbage will reduce milk supply if you over doing it too many time. You can try. Massage and hot compress. Pump for 20 min, rest massage and hot compress again. Pump for 10 min. Massage and hot compress again. Pump for 10 min, use cold compress to relief like a cold cloth. (hand express tgt with pumping will helps too.) Continue this for 2 to 3 hourly. It will get better after 3 4 sets.

Read more

Pump regularly! Perhaps 2-3 hourly. Dont skip pumping sessions and try not to go longer than 3 hours of not pumping. Else it will be engorged and i know the feeling so painful! Cold cabbage and cold compress only gv temporary relief.

Drink loads of water! 100plus or H-Two-O works for me too. I find that usually when I have engorged breast or clogged ducts is because I’ve been having too much “GOOD” food already HAHAHAHA!

Super Mum

Cold cabbage can reduce your milk supply so don't overdo it! You can use cold or hot compress, massage in circular motion. If the lumps become red and if you feel feverish then see a doctor.

Visit LC, they will help u to squeeze out all the block ducts!! It's super pain but super effective, and continue to pump every 3 hour to avoid engorgement!

VIP Member

Comb your breast downwards in the warm shower with the old Chinese comb brush (the brown one to remove head lice)

I had attended a TCM talk several years ago and understood massage able to help. You may want to consider.

try using ur hubby's underwear...same method as cabbage... but do need to get professional massage..

Maybe u boleh Cuba urut? My boobs engorge jugak I pergi urut Alhamdulillah better cikit