Any mummy experience their mum being much nicer to their DIL or son's gf rather than own daughter cox... chinese saying "daughters are married off, just like water being poured away"

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

I am fortunate to have a mom who loves me with no ifs and buts. I don’t believe in the Chinese saying. In fact I believe it’s wrong. Daughters are a mothers flesh and blood and no matter where she is, married or not, there will always be a tie that binds them forever.

VIP Member

hmm. My bro hasn't had a girlfriend YET. so i don't know about that. Yes my mother practically treated me as a thing to sell off. she was so happy naming a price for my wedding pin jin

Read more
7y ago

I see the obvious favoritism towards my son and coming daughter. "Open mouth close mouth" only my dear grandson grandson... she has nv really seem to care abt granddaughter. Jus hope tt in future it wont be too obvious

Whether it's a son or daughter, they are both our children. It reminds me of the olden days where they used to say that daughters are a burden.

Ha ha I think my mum is nicer to my sis in law than to me 😆. Then again we are also nicer to other people’s kids than to our own kids 😝

VIP Member

Very common amongst Chinese moms I feel but that doesn't mean she doesn't love her own daughter (:

Hi, It totally depends from family to family but I haven’t experienced anything like this

I really can't comprehend the mentality. Ya a totally different era now!

I think now the era has changed, not so much of this biasness now?

VIP Member

Hi... I’m fortunate that my mum loves and pamper me most. 😊

i'm thankful to have parents who loves me for who i am! :)