Baby moving a lot during his sleep

Hi Mummies, Lately my 19 weeks old moves around in his sleep and I always find him in different positions in his cot. Sometimes he is very close to the railing of the cot and sometimes he will sleep on his tummy. But I can see that he sleeps comfortably. As a first time mum this is very new to me and worries me. I feel like putting him back to his position but also worry that will break his sleep. What do I do ? Is this kind of behaviour normal ? What do you all do when baby changes his position in sleep ? Photo of him sleeping so nicely disoriented in the cot haha

Baby moving a lot during his sleep
2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Same. My son started to flip at 2.5 months and since then he has been moving ard in his slp. He wld always break out of the swaddle so we decided to stop swaddling him aft tt. And he seems most comfortable with his butt up cz he can slp long hours in tt position. I was afraid at first that he wld suffocate because his face seems to look like it's face down but after observing him in the first few days, he does know how to adjust himself. I just made sure there's no pillow or anything else in the cot. He has been sleeping side ways and on his tummy till now at 2years old 😅

Read more
9mo ago

Oh so it is nothing to worry about? Yeah my boy also seems to sleep nicely in his butt up position hahah I will then leave him be

My 6 months old did same too like from laying flat, side ways, tummy time sleep. I let it be because each time I adjust she will do the same. I change from baby cot to playpen. To me it is safer and the net helps prevent her feet from getting in between the cot gap.