Craving Sushi

Hello Mummies I am pregnant and am craving to have sushi. Can I have that?

81 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Sushi w cooked ingredients only. Uncooked if mishandled u can diarrhea or who knows what u might get...there could be cross contamination too. But technically speaking sushi ain't the healthiest option - high carbo and low protein (if u consider proportion wise), food is also served cold ya (tcm perspective pregnant don't eat too cold stuff) - so try not to eat. I know difficult as my fav is sashimi. Maybe just make do for other cooked jap food for now yar?

Read more

I avoided sashimi because I wasn't going to take a risk. You can have sushi with cooked ingredients? If you really want to eat it suggest you go to a very good Restaurant so at least the sources of the fish will be good and the way the kitchen handle the raw fish will be safe. Well if you look at it people in Japan eat sushi and raw stuffs when they are pregnant but their babies are fine too. It is really up to individual preference

Read more

Sushi that uses cooked fish and shellfish, such as crab, cooked prawns and cooked eel, is fine to eat while you're pregnant. And vegetarian sushi, which uses ingredients such as cooked egg or avocado, is also safe for you to eat when you're pregnant.

I did but I was selective at where I ate my sushi. Definitely no-no at those sushi conveyor belts as you do not know how long the sushi has been sitting at the belts. Go to a restaurant that will only prepare your sushi when you order.

I have given in to sushi cravings twice during my pregnancy. The risk of sushi is largely due to listeria bacteria due to the lack of cooking, but in a reputable restaurant it should be ok

You can eat sushi, but avoid all the raw food just in case as usually advised by gynae not to take raw food. Other than that, you can eat most of the food but with moderation.

TapFluencer

Depending whether your gynae allows. How many weeks alr? My gynae allow after first trim and make sure it's fresh from reputable restaurants. Don't get it from supermarket.

Everything in moderation. Uncooked food please limit yourself becos of possible bacteria. Small amounts wun harm u la... after all... all cravings must try to satisfy right? :)

TapFluencer

Raw fish isn't advisable. However, if you still want to have sushi rolls you can try those cooked ones. Like tuna mayo, egg and California roll.

Once in a while it is okay but make sure to eat very little. I had oyster before as well and make sure the restaurant is legit and serves fresh