Breast milk and formula milk

Hi mummies I will be back to office after raya festival. currently my LO is 2. months old. She takes df and sometimes I pump to give. As for now I just don't know exactly how much she is drinking. Noticed I only able to produce 2oz up to 3 oz if night express for one side. Her weight only increase 900 in 1st month and 400g in 2 months where I do top up formula in both months. My planning to supplement her with formula during the day and to give breast milk during night. My questions are as below. Thank you in advance. 1. If I supplement her with formula. How to manage breast milk supply if you want to feed her during the night. 2. Can I express the milk in daytime just to prevent engorgement. If yes.l, must do in both breast or impacted only?

1 Balas
 profile icon
Tulis jawapan

1. even if you’re feeding her formula, must also express milk in order to keep the breast milk supply. milk production is by demand and supply. if no demand (when drinking fm) supply from breast might decrease, the reason why still need to express. 2. yes and do it both side. as mentioned before, just to make the milk demand is there. 2-3oz pumping at 2 months is normal. the stomach is still small hence why they need to keep feeding every 3 hours or so.

Baca lagi
1y ago

setuju dgn komen puan ni☺️