too much acid reflux

Hi mummies, I am a 1st time mummy currently at 12 weeks. Been having no appetite since week 6.. before preg, i hav gastric issues but become worse after preg. Anyone know of any remedy? Seen gp but e medicine dont works.

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My nausea was extremely severe as well so much so that after 4 days of my body rejecting any food & drinks, I admitted myself to sgh. SGH gave me drips to hydrate my body and anti nausea medication thru my catheter. It helped me a lot and my nausea decreased a ton as well after i was released from hospital. Doc have me 2 types of pregnancy friendly medication as well to eat before i have ny meals to aid with nausea. Really hope you’ll find a solution that’ll aid u to feel better. Hang in there mommy!

Read more

i had gastric too, i hve no appetite but i force my self to eat since i just a housewife vomiting is not a problem while u sit at home, u can try warm water and try eat avocado mix with condensed milk and some ice its very nice. my first 3 months i drink plain water also vomit and not drink at all but its not good for me and the baby so i force add some lemon or just drink warm water.

Read more

it is normal actually. it will change ur appetite by time soon. i was in ur situation for the past 3months. but mine was no appetite + nausea badly. i will cry when i see food in front of me. 😂 but doc suggest we start from fruits 1st bit by bit. but whenever u feel bit hungry eat small amount of food. hang on there mummy!

Read more
VIP Member

Over-the-counter antacids such as Tums, Rolaids, and Maalox may help you cope with occasional heartburn symptoms. Those made of calcium carbonate or magnesium are good options. However, it may be best to avoid magnesium during the last trimester of pregnancy. Magnesium could interfere with contractions during labor.

Read more

I had this and its very bad. I cannot sleep at night then I trued to drink Alkaline water as it helps balance your acid. So my water up until now is Alkaline then I also tried to avoid spicy,sour and oily. Soup will always help.

Hi dear.. I had the same problem before.. What i did was to warm up a cup of fresh milk and add a spoonful of pure honey.. Within few minutes, i am feeling way much better.. Do give it a try.. Take care and be safe😊

I’m in my 12weeks and also don’t have much appetite. Doctor prescribed me antacid but it does not work as well, so I started taking gaviscon and it’s been a life saver!

2y ago

Hi do u take the normal one or the double action?

Had same problem too up to now, dont lie down after eating just sit straight, also elevate your pillows at night and sleep on your left side, this somehow helps me.

VIP Member

Very sorry to hear about that. Hmm, my mum actually has gastric issues but she jus try her best to tahan through last time. Meds sometimes don't work the way we hope it will be.

VIP Member

I am also facing same issues actually in the night time more so I am drinking cold milk with sugar or protein powder or just milk it's reducing immediately for me it's good