Hives Outbreak Pre-& Post Pregnancy

Anyone has any idea how to treat hives? I am having hives outbreak all over my body during late 3rd trimester preg and nw post preg still having it. Seen docs but no signs of recovery. Any effective remedies pls? Im in extreme suffering frm e itchiness and taking care of newborn.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Oh my..2 mths! I had it after i gave birth. Had to stop breastfeed for now as im on strong meds but doesnt work. It still itch like hell. I will try the soothing gel. Hope it get better soon. With the warm weather nowadays, it just keep aggravate my itchiness even more.

4y ago

Can totally understand. Hope it gets better. Jia you!

Hi Evelyn, how is your hives now? Is it better? Im having it now after delivery. A very bad one whole body itch and covered in redness. Doc prescribe me some meds but doesnt work too...

4y ago

Hi, mine subsided after enduring for 2 months. Yes, red patches everywhere on the body. Do u only have it after giving birth? Doctor generally can only prescribed those itch-relieving cream or gel. It doesnt resolve everything but it does sooth the itchiness a little better than nothing. Has to keep applying. U maybe wan to try ceredan soothing gel. Can get it from watsons. Mine was due to hormonal trigger so can only wait for itself to go away. Nothing much can do except to endure and keep applying the soothing gel.

Super Mum

Think you need to find the trigger for the hives in order to stop the allergy from happening again and again. In the meantime, continue taking antihistamines

boost ur immunity! I take probiotics and supplements to manage that. my trigger can be stress or dust.

VIP Member

Calamine lotion?

Nice