Missed Miscarriage

Hi mummies, Has anyone had a missed miscarriage before?? I was pregnant and had my first scan at 8 weeks. Gynea told me fetus looks very small and scheduled for another appointment. On my 2nd appointment, my scan showed an empty womb - no more fetus. Gynea said I had a missed miscarriage. I had no bleeding or cramps, just really mild light brown discharge a few days before. I was shocked of course, cuz I didn’t feel anything. I’m really struggling to accept what has happened. Gynea said there is no reason for what has happened and advised me to rest. I took a pill the following day to “complete” the miscarriage naturally and it was the most horrible day. It has been almost a month but I’m still sad. I don’t have close friends that have went through this. And I haven’t spoken to anyone about this (other than my husband). I need your advices mummies.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I just had a miscarriage 3 weeks ago. It’s my first pregnancy. I wanted to find out why, what have I ate or done wrong. It’s hard to cope. But, was told that there are many reasons that could lead to it. It’s natural to feel sad, because you were carrying the baby. Don’t be too hard on ourselves. Cry when we need to, talk to someone when you need to. Happy to talk to you if you’d like.

Read more
3y ago

Hi Joy. I’m so sorry for your loss. It was my first pregnancy too and I had so many questions. Can’t help but blame myself and you’re right, we should not be too hard on ourselves. I’m feeling much better now and I’ve finally acknowledged the loss. I really hope you’re feeling much better too! 💞