For mummies with babies below 18 mths, where do you buy storybooks? or do you borrow from library?

32 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I used to get board books secondhand from Carousell or hand-me-downs, usually don't like spending on them because books are so expensive! Then I brought my LO to the library when he was a little older (probably 16-18mo or so) and we started borrowing books instead - just 2-4 books each time and I always clean it before letting him read at home! As for library visits (in fact, every time we went out before he turned 18mo), I'd change his clothes and let him sanitize his hands after playing/visiting the library.

Read more
VIP Member

both. we will go to the library to borrow hooks that he don't have, at home he have his own set of books for his little library. I read to him when he was as little as a month old and the library was a place he goes to on a daily basis.

I buy alot of books from amazon. I have OCD. So below 18 mths I prefer for her to have her own books. Moreover I realised with her own books, LO can connect and relate with them better as they are always there for her use anytime.

Mostly library. Think the selection is good enough. Perhaps as your child grow older can look for book recommendations on goodreads app:)

VIP Member

i will buy hardcover. wont buy too fancy ones as they are prone to tearing them. bought a pop up book. kena tear one part already.

VIP Member

Usually giant at imm will have books on clearance and ill be there digging for good condition books

We will go to the library every weekend to spend time reading there and borrow his favorite books.

Occasionally I buy. But most of the time I head to the library. Save space and money.

Borrow from library, there are very nice children section in quite a few of them

I buy coz I am OCD too. Saw kids sneezing directly onto the books in the library