Genuine question

Mummies who can't/don't know how to cook n have no assistance from fam to cook for u, how do u guy settle your lo's meal? For me n husb we usually dabao food to eat or airfry some food n cook rice to eat

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi. how old is your lo? lo's meal cn be pretty easy since all they need now is fruit and veggies. unlike us adults we may like fancy stuff like fancy gravy or authentic food like i myself may need to refer to youtube or call up my aunties and grandma on hw to prep it. lo cn rotate on different types of carbs on different days like rice, porridge, pasta, noodles and potatoes, but use the same base (soup). so like rice with soup,or macoroni with soup. and soup is very flexible, simple and easy. soup jz need 5 ingredients: water, sesame oil, white pepper, seasonings and veggies. believe me, sesame oil makes any dishes great!! haha. for veggies, you cn use 1 or 2 or more types depending on what your lo likes. then you cn adjust like maybe one day cn add tofu or fishcakes etc. then for snacks cn get them to eat cut fruits or maybe simple bread with spread. alotof spread to choose frm but try to encourage eat with fruits. hope this helps. i dont hv helper or mum to help to so i sometimes jz cook simple stuff but most importantly, healthy and money saving hehe. all the best!! best to train them young to eat gd food so that we dont hv to yell nxt time to get them to eat their veggies and fruits haha.

Read more
2y ago

oooh then i think like you said, it's jz her then haha. my 1 year 6mths son is sometimes like that too. maybe she jz wants to test this and that. or maybe when you cook, you cn use those cute2 bowl and utensils maybe to attract her to finishup her meal? haha kids hor. 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

TapFluencer

you can check out recipes and learn to cook simple meals. think about the dishes that your mum cooks and you like. learn to cook those. 😁

2y ago

My parents didn't cook for me growing up, barely remember any home cooked meals.

prepare simple food (fish chicken vege) put inside rice cooker cook together with the rice

learn how to cook then.

2y ago

in reply to don't know how to cook. learn how to cook. and make meal prep.