Prepare solid when going out

Hi mummies, when baby has start solid at 6 months, if we’re out, how do i pack baby’s food or do i just give those packed purees/baby food available at stores ? Example if we have a homemade food like porridge, i need it to last till nught, can i just put in those food thermos ? Or itll go bad/sour after few hours? Im a ftm and im so confused about baby’s solid. And for 6 months, how often to feed baby solid? Like is it a must to feed during breakfast lunch and dinner ? Or its actually up to us when we want to feed ? Cause their main source is still milk.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

When starting out solids at 6 months, don’t have to dive straight into 3 meals a day. Baby is learning to eat, not to feel full from solids. Start 1 meal a day first then gradually to 3x/day. Personally, the entire 6th month I only fed 1 meal a day. Then 7th month was 2x/day then at the end of the month was 3x/day. Homemade food has to be in a thermos to keep warm. Packed purées are totally okay to give. Personally, sometimes I pack scoops of rice cereal into a container (just add warm water and serve!).

Read more

If I prep food on my own then thermos. Otherwise will be ready to eat food (most of the time you can find anywhere like Kiddy Palace, NTUC, Cold Storage). Since their main is still milk. Then, morning will be milk, before going out will be food, then before afternoon nap, milk, snacks in between, dinner then milk before bedtime. You dont have to do 3 strict meals but more of a breakfast/dinner or lunch/dinner then anywhere in between milk and snacks.

Read more
TapFluencer

i m a lazy mommy so prefer packed baby food 😅