Hospital Bag Checklist

Hi Mummies, what are the things that you pack in ur bag to prepare for ur hospital stay when deliver ur 1st baby?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I stayed at Mt Alvernia. There will be basic toiletries, hair dryer and hospital gowns daily. Other than your own going home clothes and baby going home clothes and swaddle, you may want to consider the following: 1. nipple cream 2. extra disposable underwear / nursing bra 3. extra maternity pads 4. your breast pump (so that you can ask the nurse or lactation consultant on how to use it properly). 5. instant cold perineal pads (for natural delivery) 6. a postpartum belly support e.g. Belly Bandit or a belly binder (for belly support when you are walking) 7. Charger for phone 8. Perineal antiseptic spray and perineal spray bottle for pain relief (for natural delivery)

Read more

for myself: 1 set of going home clothes spare undergarments maxi pads (hospital will provide too upon request) breast pads cardigan or sweater socks toiletries hospital documents for baby: 2 pcs baby long sleeve pyjamas top only swaddle/muslin cloth baby hat, socks and mittens changing mat and wet wipes (in case baby soil diaper otw home) diapers (provided by hospital but i still brought my own 2 pieces)

Read more

I had c sect, brought way too many things as it was my first birth . Things that I think is necessary - From hosp - - wash up kit - bedroom slipper - hosp clothes - maternity pad For me - - skincare - powerbank / charger - disposable maternity underwear - nipple cream - one set of clothing for discharging For baby- - one set of clothes

Read more
Super Mum

I brought too many stuff for my delivery. You really only need a set of clothes for yourself and baby (incl. swaddle, booties, mittens) to go home, skincare, toiletries, mobile phone charger, NRIC. Delivered at kkh - disposable underwear, maternity pads and diapers are provided (well, paid for).

you only need a set of clothing for you & baby during discharge. hospital provides pampers, wet wipes, disposable panties & pads. you can bring yours too in case you are not comfortable with the ones hospital provides :)

Super Mum

Everything mentioned here + nursing bra, clothes for husband, money for husband’s food, top up cash card adequately if parked there, baby carrier/car sear for when going home

VIP Member

Hi... you might find this article informative https://sg.theasianparent.com/hospital-bag-checklist-on-what-to-pack

Hospital would be able to give you the list of things to prepare.

VIP Member

Everything mentioned here and phone charger(:

You can google lists and pick what you like!