Hospital bag and postpartum must haves

Hi mummies, what are some brands or products you would highly recommend for taking care of tears postpartum and to bring to the hospital? (E.g. cooling pads, underwear) Thanks!

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Apart from those bringing to hospital I think nipple balm quite nice to have if you want to go for breastfeeding or pumping. For cooling pads, hospital did provide me and bring home usage. Then for underwear, buy those disposable. So first few days in hospital i only used what they gave me. When i got home, i used overnight kotex herbal. Bought the perineal spray and use it after each bathroom visit. Not sure if it helps but got cooling effect so I like it haha. I also bought powder! I cannot shower since my mil is doing confinement for me. Dry shampoo was also my saver.

Read more
2y ago

Hello! I bought from shopee. The brand is Earth Mama :)

Tbh, I realise that other than my skin care, disposable panties and clothes I used nothing that I brought to hospital.. For cooling pads as you mentioned in your post I guess is for breastfeeding? I personally don’t recommend to use cold ones as e more u freeze your breast den your milk won’t come out.. (just like how water becomes ice in freezer) Best is warm pads.. But hospital will still tell u to use cold one so is really depends after u try it.. 😊

Read more

I regret not bringing hairdryer as I had to extend my hospital stay unexpectedly, and didn’t intend to shower at hospital. Also I brought doughnut float which is super helpful for sitting down after vaginal delivery. Nipple cream for breastfeeding is helpful too.

Read more

I stayed one night in the hospital only and since they provided pain killers, I was fine moving around and sitting normally. At home, I had a small bucket to fill with water and epsom salt to wash myself after going to the toilet to keep clean.

Kotex overnight panties for sure! If not, those cooling pads work wonders. Get plenty of them cos my bleeding was quite heavy. I wore normal panties sooo mesh panties can skip

Kotex overnight panties. For tears, just use Dettol to wash the area. It speeds up the healing process.. ☺️

Very long phone charger cable