C-section postpartum must-haves

Hi, any advise on what are the best c-section postpartum must-haves? I've read the article posted in this app, but was hoping to find out more from you mom's that had c-sec experience. What items helped you during your recovery? I've already bought those overnight pads and disposable underwears thinking I'll be having a normal delivery, but due to complete placenta previa it looks like I'll be having c-sec instead. Will I still be able to use those? Thanks in advance.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I went through c-section recently. I bought the overnight pads and disposable underwear just like you, managed to use them and still using. Do remember to pack some in your hospital bag. During my stay in the hospital, they did ask from me. I bought my binder from my gynae. it's very helpful especially the next day when we are encouraged to walk and have to walk to the toilet to ensure that we can pass the urine after the urine tube is removed. Binder also helps to recover the wound faster. I also bought the scar sheet to be used after clearance my gynae. Currently using it together with the binder, it's not as painful when I am trying to move around during confinement. Hope the information will help you a little. Don't be too worry about c-section. Jiayouuuuuu mamađŸ’Ș

Read more
2y ago

hi can share the brand of binder and scar sheet?

VIP Member

You will still be bleeding lochia so don’t worry about not utilising the overnight pads and disposable underwear! Do get a binder (helps to bind the waist), compression socks (helps w swelling), body wipes (will be challenging to bathe the first few days after csec)

Yes! postpartum bleeding occurs for both normal delivery and Csect. You will be told to walk once the catheter is removed. The first walk to the toilet will be painful. The nurses will help you and wear a binder to ease the pain. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

binder is a must for recovery it help me stand up and walk as per normal as soon as 2nd day of csec

TapFluencer

binder. my tummy felt really painful and personally i felt it helped to reduce tummy size

there is still bleeding even with c-sec.. so it’ll be of good use

Compression shocks, Binders