Episiotomy experience

Any mummies here went through natural birth with episiotomy? How was your experience like ?(if you don't know mind sharing) My first birth was a traumatic one because of the episiotomy 😭 I didn't expect them to literally just snip me whilst I was having contractions. Aren't they supposed to inject some sort of anaesthetic first to numb us??? Cause during stitching , resident Doc injected the area to numb me , but kinda shocked they don't do that during snipping 😮‍💨 I've heard so many mums sharing they don't feel a thing during episiotomy cause they were numbed due to the injection but not for my case. The midwife who handled me didn't even warn me about it. Now that I'm almost due with baby 2 , I can't help but feel anxious about labour because of my experience.. Is there any way to avoid having tears during birth? Does perineum massage helps? I read having sex helps alot but unfortunately, sex is so uncomfortable for me these days that I don't enjoy it at all. 😭😭😭 Do share with me your episiotomy stories if any and tips to reduce / avoid tears during birth. Thank you!! #nervous_excited #advise #episiotomy #labourstory

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My tear was quite bad, almost till my anus but I didn’t feel a thing 😅. I was on epidural and busy vomiting and shivering after baby popped. Did you use epidural?