baby fair

hi mummies! just wanna ask, when you are pregnant, do you go to every baby fair? i’m at beginning of 2nd trimester, not sure if i should start visiting baby fair? if yes what should i look out for first?

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think it’s best to go to more events to find out more as I’m a first time mum so I may not know if my baby essentials list is sufficient or not. Currently, I’m in my 2nd trimester and I’ll be going to the various fairs to find out about different products and test them out before deciding what to buy. If I find something worth buying, I will buy first. If I’m not sure, then I can wait a while to research if I should buy or any alternatives. Also can take it to be exercise time to walk around and look at new things. Nice bonding time to go with hubby if he’s ok to accompany you too.

Read more

I’ve been going to all baby fairs since first trimester cos tbh I have nothing better to do haha. But you can go just to look at things so that you can set your budget. There are times when I find things are cheaper online than at baby fair. If you’re looking to bottle feed your baby, you can look at the various bottles and teats and compare. There are tons of brands at the fair — same goes for breast pumps too.

Read more

For baby fair I usually go during my third trimester after I consolidate online discount and baby fair discount so I roughly have the idea what to buy. As for baby fair usually its worth to go as you can tryout stroller and baby carrier before buying. And u can get bundle price for newborn water bottle set with steamer etc. I'm going this 10-12 Jan too. Do go on Friday morning as the crowd is usually lesser.

Read more
VIP Member

Best to see preorders as you can get good bundle deals for essentials. Easier to go during second trimester....very crowded for squeezing through in third trimester and tiring to be on your feet for such long time, also hard to tell if you can make those later in your pregnancy if they are near your due date!!!

Read more
4y ago

True, same concerns that I won’t be able to or want to move around that much in my 3rd trimester when belly is huge.

Only manage to go for one fair (towards end of my 2nd trimester). Wanted to go for another fair during my 3rd trimester but couldn't make it. Legs too tired to walk, baby weight pressing on my nerves. 10-12Jan there's one fair. You can go for that. At least have a rough idea of what you need or like.

Read more

Im planning to go too! Also in my 2nd trimester now. But i heard there'll be lots of insurance agents selling baby plan at the fair. Is that true? And is it worth stopping by to hear more from them? Anyone can share some experience please? :)

4y ago

You can sit in to find out more to see if the plans are suitable and what you need but really have to be able to self-control not to be easily brainwashed as some of these advisors are very good at selling to you.

I would recommend that you go during the 2nd trimester as going during the 3rd trimester will be too tiring especially on the legs as baby will be at a lower position, pressing against the nerves.

TapFluencer

Make a list of what you need first then download the mummys market catalogue to find out the location. Zero in on the brands/stalls you want so you dont tire yourself out walking around aimlessly

Super Mum

I’m also in my 2nd trimester and I plan to go to those baby fair since I can walk more now. I’m afraid that when I’m in 3rd trimester , I will be too tired to walk

TapFluencer

Yes you should go baby fair and see what you need. To save money you can pre order them when next baby fair. It's cheaper. But not everything at mummy fair is cheap.