Essential things to get for FTM!

Hello mummies. I am 6 months pregnant and there's a baby fair in Jan. Can you share what are the essential items I should get at the fair or in general? Pls recommend me brands I could look at for the items below, greatly appreciate! -Cot -Breast Pump -Steriliser -Maternity bra/nursing bra -Diaper changing station -Baby carrier -Pram

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Some of the items i think are essential: 1. Cot / bassinet (I use those with wheels that can easily push and place beside our master bed) 2. Stroller / baby carrier 3. Car seat / download ZIP app 4. Diaper cream (I use desitin) 5. Baby wipes (used to use cloversoft, but changed to oldam when baby is older) 6. Manual or auto pump 7. milk storage container (suggest a small container like haaka colostrum collector for your first few days, then storage bottles depending on your pump type - there's narrow, standard and wide neck bottles - for example medela uses standard neck bottles and many others use wide neck bottles) 8. Swaddle 9. Lots of towels for different purposes 10. Diapers. Lots. 11. Cotton balls / cotton buds / cotton wool 12. Bottles for formula feeding Important but not so essential: 1. Bottle sterilizer 2. Bath tub 3. Bath soap 4. Baby clothes detergent 5. Bottles detergent 6. Baby nose cleaner 7. Baby tongue cleaner 8. white noise machine or spare handphone 9. rubber cot mat / disposable bed sheets or liners 10. Baby diary / download app to record baby feeding/poop times 11. disinfectant sprays 12. ruyi oil 13. Bottles drying rack Some items for yourself: Lots of disposable pads. Comfortable room slippers. Huge waterbottle. Lots of tissues/wipes. Bathroom high stool. Depending on whether you are breastfeeding - breast pads, nursing pillows. Non essential items you might like but I think no need: 1. Yaolan (Get a good bassinet with wheels or with this function) 2. pillows, bolsters etc 3. cot protectors 4. Body Lotions / sunscreens etc 5. mosquito nets 6. diaper changing station 7. bathtub stand 8. baby toothpaste / baby toothbrush ok I think that's all I can think of for now. You'll be busy once baby is born. Jiayou and goodluck mummy!

Read more
4mo ago

haha I forgot to put nail trimmer, 🤣🤣🤣uv sterilizer, bottle warmer. all the useless items I nv used. oh another essential item for exclusively pumping mums- cooler bag with ice packs and portable milk warmer. yep after giving birth bankrupted by all these shopping 😆

You can compare shopee and fair, sometimes shopee is cheaper (when there are double digits sale eg 1.1, 2.2) but there are more bundles and free gifts at fairs. Can look at Diaper creams, detergents, liquid cleanser for bottles, baby wipes, baby wash. These few items usually got bundle deals. They do have bottles first but I wouldn’t recommend to stock up in case baby rejects the bottle but you do you 😊. - I don’t use cot so can’t recommend. - Baby express - Haenim - Lovemere/Envyher - Don’t use - Ergobaby Omni 360 - Keenz Air

Read more

im a FTM too, 7mths now. agree that baby fair is not the cheapest, though the pre fair sales are not bad - I go there to see the item physically before deciding to buy. lazada is good during sales. check out carousell too for 2nd hand items, esp for cots.

i went baby fair once and didnt buy much. eventually all my stuff i bot online during sales. much cheaper and deliver to ur hse. dun have to carry back from the fair

tbh most of the stuff can be bought at a much lower price at other places than the baby fair. 😅 try baby kingdom at kaki bukit.

4mo ago

Agreed on this, prices are cheaper online actually,but you can see them at the fair for comparison and then get it online

haenim steriliser breast pump depend on what you looking at. spectra, medela ergo baby carrier and koony