Induced labour

Hi mummies ! For those of you who have given birth at KKH before, is it true that KKH always push pregnant mummies to induced ? Or is it base on baby & mummies condition then they will induced you ? Because i had people telling me that KKH is not pro on natural birth. Any of you experienced natural birth at KKH before ? I know that induced is way painful than normal contraction so if can i do not want to go through that if i do not have any complications.

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

I given birth (natural birth delivery) at KKH last year. checkup visits with the same gynae. She is pro natural for my case since baby was developing well and my pregnancy journey was quite smooth throughout. I would think different gynaes have different opinions and give advises base on the mummy's health condition and pregnancy development. For me, Week 38 day 5, I experienced contractions which grew intense (really painful) over many hours, and I finally checked in KKH 12 hours later. Turns out I was 3cm dilated and i requested for epidural (my savior!). Luckily my gynae happened to be on duty that night. At 10cm, nurse came in and ask me to try and start pushing. After one hour plus of pushing, we still couldn't get the baby head out. Gynae cut open a bit more and baby head finally came out with a final good push. I was too physically and mentally tired from all the pushing and pain to realise that baby didn't cry the moment he came out. Turns out baby was sleeping when he came out (got everyone stunned there as there was no crying) After awhile he started crying, my husband felt relieved. My overall experience was a good one. I would go back to KKH and look for the same gynae if I have the second pregnancy.

Read more
12mo ago

hi may I know who was your gynae?