hi. any mummies successfully wean off baby when baby doesn't take bottle ? am thinking of weaning lo when she is 6 months old , but she does not take bottles .

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey, if u do give cereal u can opt for those that do not contain milk and then add in ur own bm. When making purses they will also suggest to add milk which I can add ur bm. But of course u can add fm if that is ur idea of weaning. Can try sippy cups and straws but at 6 months they won't really know how so it will be quite difficult to gauge. Continue to try and find a bottle that baby is ok to take. Try getting someone else to feed the baby while u hide away in another room. Otherwise 6 months is too early to wean since they still need abt 500-600 milk intake per day

Read more

Hi, I know a mom who does not use bottles to feed her baby. After baby turned 10 months, she started baby on purees and used her breastmilk to somehow dilute the mixture and eventually moved on to just solids. If baby is refusing the bottle, maybe you can consider changing bottles or even the bottle's nipples. Try to find one that is as close as possible to "taste" and "feel" to yours.

Read more
8y ago

hi mummy, I've tried pigeon, avent, tommee tippee, NUK, spectra, Dr.Brown . All not working well..

VIP Member

You can try sippy cups. My girl is 1 year old and currently teething. She decided to reject her bottle about a month ago. I have now resorted to spoon feeding her milk. Am thinking of trying to get her to transition to straw cup if she really doesn't want to go back to the bottle.

Hey dear! If you purchase the sippy cups look out for the non spill type. That would be really helpful. Also you may want to consider this bottle. I tried it and my. Bub loves it. http://www.mimijumi.com.sg

Post reply image
8y ago

hi, where do you buy this? the teats looks a like comotomo. hahahah.

Other options you can consider are cups and bottles with straw. One of my friends transit her baby to these and skipped the bottle totally.

8y ago

hi! how old is her LO? can you share how she manage to change to sippy cups? thanks!

Milk is still their primary food for the first year. Intake will drop when solids are established.