Baby rejecting fm & bm.

Hi mummies, since LO was 3 months old. There will be days where he refused to drink fm & bm. He will cry and push out milk bottle when we try feeding him. Doctor says LO might had been sick of milk already and suggest sleep feeding. We just went for baby 4 month old vaccine recently and doctor gave us green light to feed him solid. Since yesterday the same cycle repeats and LO was refusing fm & bm so I am thinking of giving him solid. Any suggestion on what kind of ingredient is most suitable? Will baby be able to swallow mash apple or banana? How many times per day can I give baby solid?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Even with some solids, milk should still be the main source of nutrition at this stage. My 3 month old sometimes will only drink 10ml of milk from the bottle, so it’s quite frustrating too, but I just try to persist, and latch on if she doesn’t take enough from the bottle. Upsizing the teats has helped to get baby to drink more from the bottle. For started foods, banana can be a bit too thick/starchy, so it’d be good to add some breast/formula milk to make it more liquid. The apple needs to be pureed, not mashed, especially since your LO is only 4 months old. You can try the store bought ones first eg. Gerber brand... more like apple sauce consistency, so it’s easier to go down and less likely for baby to choke.

Read more
4y ago

Bring baby out of the house to try. Or get baby drowsy while lying head up on a stroller by patting, then feed just before baby falls asleep. I’m also struggling.. hang in there!

VIP Member

I remb when my LO was about 3 months also suddenly milk strike. Reject bottle and cry. Drink very little milk also. It's lasted like 2-3 weeks. After that back to normal. Another way I can think of is break his usual routine? I mean make a slight changes to his daily routine. My girl sometimes after 3 hours also dun cry for milk, then I will make her go to sleep. About after awhile when LO looks like waking up soon, I will standby milk powder and water. Once LO awake, I will quickly make then feed her. So far it works for me. Every baby is diff, have to think of other ways and try and try.

Read more

I think you can try having milk in various purees that you can feed your baby with. That way milk also goes in your baby's body :)

4y ago

How many times can I feed baby purees in a day? 😁

Super Mum

Just once a day for a start. You can mash bananas or puree apples for him if you want. I started off with rice cereal.

4y ago

Nope. My PD asked me to feed cerelac as well but I did not as it contain added sugar. I used hipp organic baby rice cereal

VIP Member

You tried feeding LO in quiet room? change bottle or teat flow? If u latch also reject?

4y ago

Yes! We tried everything. Even sleep feeding don't helps anymore 😭

VIP Member

My baby rejects milk when he has wind. Can you check if your baby have?

4y ago

He have abit of wind in his tummy but doctor say it won't affect his milk intake.

VIP Member

Is he going thru a leap?

4y ago

You can google mental leaps to find out more!