overthinking

Hi ! Can mummies share about overthinking during pregnancy.. currently now im 29 weeks and i always hv this thought abt baby defect. And i always try to avoid thinking abt it but it for sure it will comeback again to my thoughts. Isit normal or nah. And does anyone ever have this experience before ?

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You're not alone. I am 33 weeks pregnant and I am quite anxious about what will happen soon. My baby has CHD. I found it out during my anomaly scan. He has Pulmonary Atresia with VSD. From that moment until now, I am so worried and I overthink a lot. So many things happened in my life. Now that I am a single parent, I need to be strong and be still for my little one. No one in our family has a heart problem and also I followed what are the do's and don'ts from day 1 until now. I am not commenting on this to make you overthink more. It is just I want to share my experience with you and no matter what happens I will continue my baby and I will do everything for him. I hope we surpass all our challenges. God is with us.

Read more

Me too! Previously when I was pregnant, I will be very paranoid and I think coz I read too much articles. -.-l| so I always look forward to my check up so I can ask doctor and get assurances from them. I think how I cope with my paranoia is praying and reminding myself that my doctor say is ok. Also if there’s anything to be concern, I will ask around other mummies who might have faced the same problem. This way I will feel less scare, knowing despite having the same condition or symptoms, their kids still grown up healthy and well. I actually make my hubby ask around too.😂

Read more
VIP Member

I did that in my first journey of my pregnancy since I had experience miscarriage before. Then, in my third pregnancy, I try so hard to make myself feeling happy, enjoy every step of my pregnancy journey. Having support from our beloved family and hubby make me stronger everyday. It gives more power to face this step and less worry. I guess, the one who can cure ourselves and change our negative into positive thoughts is start from you. Try to join yoga, and consult to your doctors if you still have those kinds of thoughts.

Read more

Same. I didn’t do any tests but trust God that my baby is ok. Wk20 detailed scan show baby is normal with no birth defect but I still worry until the day she’s born. Now my baby girl is 3 weeks old and she’s completely okay, only that she was born 37weeks 6days old.

Don't worry, it will be fine. Your gynae will know best and besides at 29 weeks, all the major features and organs have been fully formed already. Breathe and relax. Tell yourself that your baby will be wonderfully made ♡

I try to put all these negative thoughts at the back of my mind. Sure we dont know of the outcome and we would want to also be mentally prepared for it. But all these is not really in our hands, so best is for us to just be optimistic and pray for the best for our baby.

TapFluencer

i have the same issue previously, but thank god my baby turns out normal n healthy. it is very hard to avoid, try to keep urself busy like watching comedy or korean drama. thats how i passed thru my 9mths pregnancy

We’re really being pranning thinking maybe our baby can have defects, but if you’re CAS is okay There’s no need to worry. I’m 30weeks tomorrow. Praying a healthy delivery for us🙏🏻

Most of the time I am like this thinking about same thing.. I cant help it. Thats why taking scans made me anxious even made me vomit minutes before the scan sa sobrang kaba...

Same.. You can ask your ob about Congenital Anomalies scan if you want.. it cost 2500php.pricey but it can help you relieve doubtful thought..🥰