Spotting/bleeding

What does this mean ? I’m currently 6 weeks, started having spotting 1 day before my first check up. Then during scan, only can see gestational sac but not yolk sac , not sure isit still too early or what. But during evening I started to spot again. Then during midnight it bleed, on off on off . Anyone experience this ? Is it normal ?

Spotting/bleeding
8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have spotting too, but its not bright red. its either light watery pink or stains of black. I went to the doctors tho, and they say its remaining blood from previous menses. Did you mention you had bleeding when you went for checkup? if you did, the doctor should have prescribed medication to strengthen your pregnancy, like progesterone and folic acid etc. If not, did the doctor say anything about it?

Read more
10mo ago

yes yes, duphaston is something like progesterone. other than this, you can't do anything for now. wait until next week for a scan. 6 weeks might be too early to see anything.

Suggest to go KKH to have a scan. I also have a bit bleed then at start they say cannot see anything. The next day check and see yolk sac and not yet grow at 5 weeks for last weekend. But med given.. now still a bit bleed when pee. Doc say shld be implanting. This is my 2nd child, she say shld be normal and see her 2 weeks later. Just let doctor advise you , if you worry.

Read more
10mo ago

Mean during ur scan you only saw gestational sac without yolk sac ?

I have bright red bleeding for 2-3 hours during my 5weeks close to 6weeks, went to A&E, all is fine. Managed to see GS but nothing else is clear. Went for 6W+2 scan, all is ok. Can see heartbeat. Sometimes bleeding are more common especially for IVF or IUI patients, if there is no pain or blood clot, should be ok. Could be your uterus is expanding.

Read more

Hi mama to be, please take the duphaston that doc prescribed you and have alot of bed rest if possible until your next scan. I had a gush of dark red blood on week 8 and was rushed to kk. stayed in for observation for 3 days before given 2 weeks of hosp leave for bedrest. I'm on week 23 now expecting a healthy chubby baby boy.

Read more

Hi mama to be, please take the duphaston that doc prescribed you and have alot of bed rest if possible until your next scan. I had a gush of dark red blood on week 8 and was rushed to kk. stayed in for observation for 3 days before given 2 weeks of hosp leave for bedrest. I'm on week 23 now expecting a healthy chubby baby boy.

Read more

I’m 6 weeks also, last Sunday suddenly bleeding and it’s alot, need to use normal pad. It’s brown blood. I went to A&E, doctor said everything is okay and give me progesterone. She said if have any pain and the blood is fresh red then must immediate to see doctor.

when I found out I was pregnant, I got heavy spotting for 2 days. Then the doctor took my blood to check HCG and progesterone, both were increasing so I would say it is quite common unless it is followed by painful cramps and blood clot

If any bleeding, please go hospital or clinic straight away. Dont wait for the next day