Prof su lin lin

Hi mummies, any seeing prof su from NUH? If yes, can share your experience. Cos my experience has been so-so. I feel like my consultations with her always feels rushed. And when I tell her I have sharp pain at my pelvis etc, she will always say its normal but does not give any further advice unless I prompt for more. 😕

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I dun recommend her. I was her patient. I went in as a private patient. as my bb is preterm, I was advised to downgrade as the bb hospital charges will be high if I remain as a private patient. as such I become a subsided patient. she has no obligations to attend to me. throughout my delivery and stay in my hospital she din not even at least come and show concern or advice. despite that the docs do update her of my condition as I was her patient. I had a similar situation 5 yrs ago when my boy was preterm. the previous gynae Dr ek tan is totally opposite of her. despite that me being a subsided patient he did my boy delivery and followed throughout . he visited me everyday during my hospital stay and also consoled me telling me that is ok that my boy is doing well and even did the post delivery checks for me. You can see for yourself the difference between 2 docs. I do not expect her to do anything much for me since I know I had downgraded.. but I feel as doctor should had least show some empathy and concern for her patient who is going through a very hard time.. somemore I bought her pkg and only attended 2 visits.

Read more
2y ago

I think she’s probably too busy

Super Mum

Hi mama, Congratulations! I do not have experiences with this doctor. However, I would like to suggest that if you’re not feeling comfortable with her now - even when you’re just asking questions for knowledge - you may not ever feel comfortable with her. Would changing doctors be an option for you? Also, have you thought about the kind of birth you want and if so, have you asked if she’s comfortable with the options you’ve chosen for yourself? See, your medical team should be working WITH you and not just FOR you. If we don’t let them know that they need to change the way they communicate and that we’re not comfortable, the automatic assumption is that they’re doing all the right things. This is your birth and your body. A doctor can never feel the way you do. And she has to get cues from you to even diagnose anything. Find your voice mama.

Read more