NUH Prof Su Lin Lin

I’m 35 weeks and under Prof Su Lin Lin at NUH private. I’m planning to ask for HL next week during my 36 week appointment for me to start resting because work has been so tiring and everything is painful and uncomfortable now. Anyone has any experience with asking for HL from her or NUH private?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi! I posted this and just wanted to post a quick update. I got 12 days HL, with the last day being my next appointment. I did not ask for it, even though I intended to. Nurse just asked if I needed MC or HL and when I went to see Prof Su, my HL letter was already on the table hahhaa. Feels good to take a break from work and start focusing on myself and baby. Thanks to everyone who replied!

Read more
12mo ago

Tbh, since it was my first child, I didn’t really know what to expect from any gynae during delivery hahaha. But when I was practicing pushing, she wasn’t there. She only came in when my baby was really going to come out. When I was pushing, she was motivating in a soft manner. She told me that she needed to cut me a bit in order for my baby to come out and I was visibly scared but she was reassuring. After baby came out and she did my stitches, she also talked to me a bit to calm me down. All while stitching me up. To me, she was skilful and comforting and it was a nice experience with her. Even my husband told me it was cool that she obviously knows what she is doing after seeing her stitch me up hahaha During my recovery in hospital, she would come in and ask how I’m feeling. At one point, she came in and my mom was in the ward with me. Even my mom thought she was engaging and welcoming because even though she did not know that my mom was my mom and have never seen her before, she

My gynae didn't grant me HL too. I did ask her for it but she said since I am not experiencing any discomfort or unwell. I can continue to work 😅. So I worked till a day before I checked into the hospital for induced labour.

Having the same exp right nw. Unlike my 1st and 2nd gynae, she totally doesnt have empathy. Also seems bz always. Consult was barely 5mins. Just did a short scan and told me baby is ok. So planning to switch over

prof su was my gynae. during my time, at 37 weeks plus she already started asking me if i need HL. you can let her know your concerns and what youre feeling now. she might give it to you

7mo ago

Can I check how much is her charges ? Thanks

I got 4 weeks HL from my gynae NUH private before my edd, you can just ask your gynae too and share the difficulties you face at work and im sure your gynae will understand 😁

12mo ago

hi, may I know who was your gynae?

Yes u can but HL only works before 36weeks. If u take when u are 36 weeks it’s fall on ur maternity leave dear. I’m a NUH staff too😊

normally they will not give because you should be takinv maternity leave

May I check with you her charges ?