Do you mummies pump when you are out with your friends for long hours? If yes, how? Use nursing covers?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

To express milk outside, you need to bring cooler bag, breastmilk storage bag and nursing cover. Need to find a place with electric plug (if you using this type). I do expressed my milk when I attended a workshop/ training.

Hi, It is best that you latch on the baby when you are out. Because you need to have ice cooler and nursing cover for pumping and the milk will go bad after 2-3 hrs without ice

VIP Member

If you bring your baby, breastfeed via latching is convenient. If you pump, unless you bring cooler bag and ice, BM will spoil in 2/3 hours in SG weather.

I go to nursing room to pump! Can’t stand creating the pumping noise in public! Attract too much attention I feel!

Super Mum

Try nursing covers. In some countries, no need for nursing covers. The ppl embrace or even celebrate nudity.

I’ll try to find a nursing room nearby but if there isn’t any... Will just use a nursing cover..

Super Mum

If baby is with you, latch would be easiest. Otherwise, I would seek for a nursing room to pump...

Yes, nursing cover works but you could also excuse yourself to find the nearest nursing room :)

VIP Member

Yes. If your baby with u then latch. Save the trouble.

VIP Member

I will meet them at a place with nursing room!