Delivering in public/private hospitals

Hi mummies ~ can u please share your experience on the hospitals that you’ve delivered in :) Can’t make up my mind which to go

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hey there, I had equally good experiences in TMC and NUH. Nurses were friendly and really helpful. I have to say though, just 2 things to note: 1) sometimes it’s the luck of the draw because hospital staff change with every shift so I think it’s good to help them help you by ensuring that your needs and requirements are communicated every time there’s a new team on shift. 2) note that government hospitals are teaching hospitals :) so if you’d prefer not to have student doctors visit and do sessions at your early labour, do communicate this to them too. I think we have some level (at least 50%) of control over our experience at hospitals. Advocating for yourselves is an important skill to have - just as how you would manage a project, always ensure that everybody is on the same page.

Read more

Parkway East. Besides the fact tt it's the nearest hosp to my hse, I like the calmness there, small and cozy, unlike the bigger hospitals. Never had any problems getting help frm the nurses because the maternity ward there is small. Awesome food btw! Lamb shank/ lobster! Stayed in the 1-bedder, love the spacious bathroom there. It's definitely worth it for a private hospital as it's cheaper than Mount E.

Read more

Delivered in NUH and MNH. Gynae really depends on your choice of gynae; both hospitals have very good gynaes. Nurses at MNH are friendlier and patient. The ones at NUH are usually in a rush or has no qualms about showing how busy they are and disinterested to pay a lot of attention to you.

I delivered in mt e novena. Labour ward nurses were very good. Those at the ward after you delivered also nice. I tink it all depends on you. During my labour i changed a couple of shifts but the nurses all were very nice..

Actually right now due to Covid I prefer to avoid public hospitals as I assume they are handling that majority of the Covid cases in Singapore and may be getting overwhelmed.

VIP Member

Delivered both babies under subs at KKH. Both experiences were wonderful for me. The nurses and midwife helped me alot to get through the birth and recovery.

Just delivered at TMC, very good experience with the nurses. Food was good as well, stayed in premier single room.

Mt A. Overall, pleasant service