Experience at infant care

Mummies, please share your comments after reading. 1. Teacher gave baby (A) food that was cooked by baby (B)'s mother. Teacher claims that baby B cannot finish, don't waste. I was like huh?? What if baby A is allergic to the ingredients? And if i were Baby B's mother, I will be like.. Hello? I cooked for my child, not meant for other people's child! 2. Teacher doesn't test or try water temperature before giving formula. When questioned, the answer was 'aiya, we know one la, we make milk everyday ' 3. I happen to saw a baby sleeping with the blanket covered on the whole face but teacher didn't realise. So dangerous! Btw, I quickly remove it after taking a snapshot. 4. Babies share common toys (and saliva! ) Is this common?? I get to observe the above matters as I can accompany my baby girl during her first-two days at the infant care.

Experience at infant care
24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

#1 sounds quite dodgy.. the early childhood development agency is advocating social distancing.. sharing food is an absolute no-no. #2 I also usually go by rough-feel. I know what is okay for baby based on holding the bottle, by experience #3 Honestly, the international guidelines is for no pillows/blankets, etc in baby’s cot. If baby gets cold, give long sleeve/pants and socks instead, especially if you’re not there watching #4 Yes I guess this is common when they are put together.. but the risk of falling sick is much much higher, especially since babies put things in their mouths and don’t wash hands

Read more

Pls share your observation immediately with the school principle. I had one of teachers reported because she was rude and lied about some non existence SOP. The last draw was when my baby suffered a cut due to the carelessness of the teacher (I wasn’t contacted immediately reason being I will come pick my daughter anyways, so I’ll be told then) 3 days at the centre, my baby caught a flu bug and was sick for 3 consecutive months (had to visit the PD numerous times).

Read more
TapFluencer

not acceptable! is teachers or assistant? there's different, if assistant are those housewives with experiences, they normally don't follow SOP and do things base on their so called experiences (of course not everyone like that) obviously not train and not knowledgeable😢, highlight to principal immediately

Read more

Not acceptable! 1) Part of their sop of no sharing of food , other children can get allergies 2) MUST always check water temp. 3) NOT SUPPOSED TO PLACE TOWEL 4) once have saliva, teacher should place in pantry so that cleaner will sanitise. Basic SOP of any childcare centre!

Read more
VIP Member

everything is just unacceptable. pls file a report with ecda. this makes every mummy worry. we don't pay for such standards. we need professional help from IFC and not these.

VIP Member

this is scary, omg if the baby suffocated how? i will change ifc. Hygience is very important especially for young babies and not to forget safety

Please share which ifc is it so everyone can take note of it. It's very disturbing to know a professional centre with standard like this.

VIP Member

This is so horrifying! Did u tell the principal? I will ask if its a common practice thr if it is den sorry i wont be putting my bby thr!

VIP Member

Defo not acceptable. Pls inform principal. Teacher clearly do not have the passion for baby health/hygiene.

Nope, not allowed to share food in any case other than allergies, there are also hygiene issue.