Hi mummies, notice there is a need to do a baby feeding and pooing care log. How long is the duration to maintain the log?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had a log book on the feeding, diaper changing and poo during the 2nd and 3rd month. During the 1st month, my confinement lady will help to remember the next feed time and next diaper change. We will check with her if he had pooed. During the 2nd month, i am taking care of my lo alone. During sleeptime, my hubby will help me on alternate feed and at the same time change diaper (if needed). We got a bit confused on the last diaper change and feeding time as at any one time, only one of us was awake. Thus we started to keep a logbook on this. We stop having the logbook after 2nd month as we tend to forget to update the logbook and we started to understand my lo milk feed timing at night. My lo is ifc now and the teacher kept a logbook of his feeding, diaper change, poo and sleeping time. I feel that having a logbook is good if you are not the only caregiver as it is easier to manage and observe if your lo is unwell (from his eating/drinking pattern, or sleeping pattern). I will always refer to the logbook and calculate how many hours he slept at ifc. If he slept lesser than usual in ifc, he will tend to eat less for his dinner and sleep earlier. If you are the only one taking care of your lo, logbook would be good if you cannot remember the timings and etc.

Read more
VIP Member

All ifc will provide a feeding & output(poo/wet diapers) log to parents to allow parents to know the child feeding & output patterns. I do not have a log when I care for my baby as I'm the only caregiver & I ensure diapers are changed regularly for hygiene purpose. It is important to monitor the child intake/output as the parent can determine if the child needs any changes to his/her current diet.

Read more

I stop when my baby is about 8months old . When his milk / sleep / poop have a shedule . But if the care giver is not you , maid or your parents , is good to have a log so you know what is wrong when baby is crying for no reason . IFC do a list of what they feed ( in case of allergy) poop (to take note of they are having diarrhea) and sleep time . Hope this helps

Read more
8y ago

Thanks alot for the golden advice its really helps!

For me, we just made sure she pooped Everyday. Will Ensure that IFC advised us if she didn't. If on breastfeed, may not have daily poo. It really depends on absorption. Chances of not pooping on formula is higher. If that happens, see your PD who will prescribe something to loosen the stools.

I have never keep a log as I also donno this as no people told me before.. Lol I just remember the time he drink milk and keep looking at the clock for next feed.. For pooing how many times just remember daily.. It become my everyday routine..

The feeding/pooping log was created by my confinement nanny. We continue to maintain the log until LO was about 3-4 months old. Personally think u can do without the log once u get used/familiar to baby's routine.

Mm ... I do that only about 6 mths until he started semi solid. This is for the fear that I've forgotten to change or feed him. As I age and deliver more babies, I felt that my memory also decreases.

Read more
VIP Member

I never kept a log - just agar agar remember. But now she is in IFC - so they keep a log and let me know at the end of the day.

I never keep log I just base on my memory