7.30am i feed my 5mth lo with ebm (straight from pumped). Then he rest awhile till ard 9.30am i continue with the same bottle. (Bottle was place in room with aircon, never put in fridge yet). Now still have balance of bm as he still wana slp... so do i keep the balance bm in the fridge or throw away as the bm was pumped since ard 7.30am? Had read on online tat bm can keep in room temperature for 4 to 6 hours? Have been difficulty to feed my lo recently as he wants to play..when bottle feed he will scream here and there... sometimes also slp till dun want to drink milk. Was worried he lack of feeding/dehydrate. Thus occasionally will latch him but not sure if how much he had drink.. His daily schedule: 160ml per feed every 4-5hourly. But sometimes he only drink either 100ml or less (went he is screaming) OR timing was been extended till 6 hr (due to he is slping even in day time).

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

4-6 hr is base on 25 degrees and if ur room is really that chilled then u can keep that long but the best is to use within the hr because got "containminanted" w saliva. It's v normal to be challenging to be feeding them now as they are more active, teething etc. it's ok to just feed lesser if baby always never finish anyway. I find there is. I point to always feed and latch a baby is struggling so forcefully. Why make life difficult for urself and baby so many times a day. When baby is hungry or thirsty u have to catch the cues or just every 3-4hr see if baby wants. U might wana consider starting solids alrdy. It was also abt this time my child was like that so I start solids abt 5.5months and he has been living it ever since

Read more