breast milk and formula

Hi mummies! My nb is just 5 days old but i have been feeding both breastmilk and formular, but if i want to swap to full on latch on will it be too late? as i was told that baby will not be close to you if feed too much formula

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

dun believe that baby will not be close..baby will be close to the ones who take care of their needs when they want... 5 days old , yes can still switch cause I myself are doing pumping after I discharge plus formula cause not enough bm and cause latching for the first few days In hospital makes my nipples bleed and painful so I stop latching. I start back latching on the 2nd week and realise that baby always fall asleep n me too together and it's tiring and dun want her to rely on me too much after I go back to work so I switch back to bottle feed again. baby at diff stage will be close to either mum or dad so it's a process to go through. my baby is close to the one who provide her milk to sleep at night and who play with her most and due to my work schedule I'm not able to n now she is close to her dad at night but still baby will still look for her mum.

Read more

Does not make any sense at all! Whoever said that to you, pls, he/she is only frightening you with myths that are not even true! Your baby knows you're his/her mum even while still in the womb. Formula or breastfeed, your baby will still clings onto you like superglue! My 4 kids are formula fed and we are all very close since they were a baby. My now 8 mth old baby is a mix feed baby (fm + bm) and I'm his bestfriend. He only looks for me and only me when there are others at home. Which part is the 'will not be close'? But not too late if you want to switch to nursing exclusively. Breastmilk is still the best but needs alot and alot of patience and endure alot of pain if the latching is not correct, the sore/cracked nipple. Don't force yourself if you cannot breastfeed

Read more

Absolutely not late. And your baby’s relationship with you will most certainly not be decided by whether or not you used formula.