Mother in law

Hi mummies , My mother-in-law visited our house last weekend. I really wanted to treat her well. The first day I gave her tea. she asked whether I have added sugar to tea. I said yes, a little bit. Then she said Is sugar good for my health? Why did you add it? I said sorry. I was worried about her words. Nextday I gave her tea without adding sugar. She ran to me and asked if I didn't add sugar. and she added little sugar to the tea. again I was worried, did I do any wrong mummies?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Dear mummy, it doesn’t sound like you did anything wrong. If me, I will just give her either water or just pack drinks.. If she complain, then she won’t get any drinks from me anymore and I will just tell her off “you are just creating unnecessary problem at my house, I don’t see why I should still serve you drinks but not to worry that your son will bring it to you”. This type of MIL needs to teach them a lesson and don’t let her climb over your head! Especially when you have kids I am very sure she will make sure she involves every single things and wants you to be her follower. Be strong mummy! 😊

Read more