Raw oysters during pregnancy?

Hi mummies :< this might seem like a very small problem to my friends, family and even husband, maybe to some of you too.. but i have been craving raw oysters every single day for the past 2-3 months. i am currently 21 weeks and i have been crying/breaking down several times the past few days whenever i get hungry because the temptation to eat it is just so strong, might be hormones messing me up too but i have been very depressed honestly. are there any substitutes i can replace it with? similar texture/taste? ive never been a fan of cooked oysters, i would throw up whenever i eat them, even before pregnancy too. so i was wonder if there are substitutes or other foods i can replace raw oysters with.. please help mummies, i know its a small issue to just endure for another 5 months, but i am desperate

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had cravings too but for my baby I feel a need to do a little sacrifice cause I worry more about the effects of I take raw food. I know it's not good but I always guilt trip myself and tell myself I don't want to regret. then I tell myself everytime that I will treat myself to what I want to eat after confinement.

Read more