Period

Hi mummies, isn’t normal for having period for 7 weeks after giving birth?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hi... this is not normal. Vaginal postpartum bleeding, or lochia, is the heavy flow of blood and mucus that starts after delivery and continues for up to 10 days. Light bleeding and spotting after pregnancy can continue for up to four to six weeks after delivery (though it varies from person to person and pregnancy to pregnancy).if you’re bleeding heavily, please consult your gynecologist

Read more

Most women got their first periods between 45 and 94 days after giving birth. You should consult a doctor immediately for: - very heavy bleeding that soaks through more than a pad per hour for longer than 2 hours - bleeding that occurs with a fever - intense cramping - clots larger than a golf ball

Read more
Super Mum

Hi mummy, if it's light spotting it is normal but if it's heavy bleeding then it's not. Mine lasted about 8 weeks but after 1st week, it's light spotting. If u r still worried, do consult your gynae.

VIP Member

Yes it’s normal especially if you delivered via CS. The “period” after giving birth is called Lochia or commonly called Pospartum Period

Super Mum

Is it alot? If it is still heavy then better to consult your gynae. If is only slight bleeding then is OK. Mine also lasted quite long..

VIP Member

I remember mine was about max 2 weeks? Do consult your gynae, gave them a call.

VIP Member

For seven weeks it's a bit long. Do see your gynae for a proper diagnosis.

It defers person to person, but if it increases alot better visit a gyne

TapFluencer

I did have slight bleeding for close to 8 weeks. Is it reducing or increasing?

5y ago

Reducing, not sure if it’s normal...

Hi, It is normal and the weeks really depend from person to person