5 Replies

I think first decide on which gynae you are planning to visit and check in with them on when they prefer to see you. Different gynaes have different preferences on when to do the scan (usually the nurse who arrange the appointments will also advise). I had a history of miscarriage before so when I found out early at 3.5 weeks, I called the clinic and they asked me to come down for a jab on the same day. then next scan 1st scan @ 4.5 weeks. side note, it may be better to call early. i heard some popular gynaes dont take in more mummies after they reach a certain number (to ensure they provide quality care for mummies delivering of a similar period)

KKH told me week 8 when i called them. Otherwise may be too early to see the fetus during the scan. Calculation based on first day of last period may not be accurate if you had late ovulation, which was what happened in my case. I had a scan during what I thought was week 6 but apparently i was only ard week 4 & too small to see much. Need to see the fetus in the next scan to confirm how far i am.

If there is no spotting/complications... suggest to go scan at more than 6 weeks. Usually, 5 to 6 weeks too early, can't really see much development except for a gestational sac.

I did vaginal ultrasound when i was at week 6, could see the flickers on the screen, which my gynae said its the heartbeat !

You can get a referral from polyclinic first, then kkh will contact you. An appointment with KKH is fixed when I'm around 6 weeks.

hello! I was around 5 weeks plus when I went for the appointment, and yes, we saw the baby throught the scan.

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles