First Pregnancy Scan

Hi everyone! How does your baby look like at 5-6 weeks on your first scan? I went to a private gynae for an ultrasound as my clearblue digital states at 3+ Gynae confirms i’m pregnant but not sure if that’s the baby and told me to come back in another week. Had a chemical pregnancy just last month, so am abit anxious to know. TIA! #firstbaby #pleasehelp

First Pregnancy Scan
5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi there! thought I'd share my experience with you as my initial scan was just like this when I went into my first appointment too early. I called to schedule an appt with my a private gynae two days after I found out I was pregnant on a pregnancy test kit. Based on my last menstrual period dating, I thought I was at 5 weeks. The doctor scanned me vaginally but was uncertain whether a dot (just like the one in your pic) was the sac as it was so small. Because at the time I had cramps on my left side, I was so scared that it was an ectopic pregnancy. Doctor ordered me a blood test for HCG levels and asked me to come back for a rescan two weeks later. He also prescribed me duphaston. The HCG raise in levels came back normal and I went for my scan two weeks later and I was able to see and hear the heartbeat with the yolksac. The scan dated me at 6 weeks and 2 days, which was a bit off based on my own dating when I went in for the first appointment. I am now 14 weeks pregnant. Try not to worry ok, you may be probably too early and the next time you go in for the scan, hopefully you can see the baby clearly!!! take care mommy, start on your folic acid :)

Read more
2y ago

Thank you so so so much for sharing your experience! Truly appreciate this long post you took the time to type and share with me. All the best for you and baby too, mommy!

Hi hi! it's my first pragnancy too and i went in to get thd ultrasound at week 7. it was a little early to know the EDD and see if everything was going okay. maybe you might want to schedule for the appointment ard week 9 or so. you can probably get the EDD and check baby's heartbeat and see that they are growing well! i'm in my 14 weeks pragnancy. Not to worry baby is still very small. in the time being, start taking folic acid ya! take care and stay safe!!

Read more
2y ago

Thank you so much! Hope you and baby will be always be well!

maybe still too early, I went for ultrasound scan and virginal scan but not very visible.. so doctor tell me take blood test to confirm, which then result me to take another ultrasound scan and virginal scan the following day.. then manage to see that sac.. but because I had spotting, so I took medication prescribed by doctor too.. 2 weeks later the scan is normal, got heartbeat all those.. so just try to relax..

Read more

my gestational sac was 0.33cm at 5 weeks. and can see yolk sac too. but not sure how it look like as doc nv show me the scan image. but my 6 weeks 2 days scan.. it is a clear gestational sac and can see yolk sac and fetal pole. also heartbeat can be seen.

no it doesn’t look like this.. it’s a bigger circle with yolk sac. is it because yours is only 3 weeks ?