Breastfeeding after taking a shot of cordon Bleu

Hello mummies. I’m currently doing confinement. A month before I gave birth my hubs soak cordyceps with cordon Bleu in a jar, Was told by friend that after 12 days of confinement it’s good to take a shot of it. Now my questions is, can I still breastfeed after taking that 1 shot? Or I should pump it out to throw it away?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Actually, you do not have to throw the milk. Breastmilk production is through our blood; so if your bloodstream has alcohol, then your bm will have alcohol (note that the alcohol content passed to bm is extremely minute though). Just wait at least 2 hours for the alcohol in your bloodstream to metabolise then you can bf your baby again.

Read more
Super Mum

No need to throw. Pump before you consume then by the next few hours it should be fine. Only if you still feel the effect of the alcohol then maybe consider to throw or to make into bathe / soap.

Super Mum

As other mommies suggested, you can continue to bf. This is the latest recommendation: https://kellymom.com/bf/can-i-breastfeed/lifestyle/alcohol/

VIP Member

pump before you consume and wait 3h then bf again