Give up pumping

Mummies, I’m 2.5 months pp. first confinement nanny discourage me to pump/latch, which wasted my first golden week. Now I’m only pumping 15-20ml per breast. Can’t seems to increase, and kept decreasing (from 20-30ml per breast). Shld i give up? I’ve tried everything ( food, fluids, fish, soup, pumping every 3 hours etc..) I’m tired n super disappointed already. And my helper asked me “mam, why ur milk so little, I used to be overflowing” which makes me more depress 🥺🥺🥺

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Can I ask what was the reason for your confinement nanny to discourage you? And ask the helper to shut up and educate herself on why women can have low supply😠 If you are still visiting your gynae on the next checkup, get breastfeeding supplements, it helps to save my sanity. Currently I’m taking domperidone pills, and gel capsules from KISSUN brand. My supply went from super low to low 🤭 Still I’m very grateful And if you decide to go fm, that’s totally fine too. Bm isn’t the only good food that you will be providing to your child :) You well-being is just as important as your baby’s.

Read more
8mo ago

Hello mummy, Please do not let anyone discourage or make you feel less of being a mum. Even if you have 15ml per breast, it is better then 0ml :) at least your baby can receive it. I used to spend 30mins each Pump session to only pump 30ml total, thought of wasting time did occur to me but I shuck it off as I continue to do 3 hourly at work even while taking meetings. I try to not stop trying and I manage to continue for 14months until my supplies close to 0. I continued 3 hourly, express pumping, whatever method I just try and take it as a learning as I go. On days I can't do enough pumps, don't blame yourself. We just do what we can. Insufficient breast milk can suppliment milk powder milk. Any amount is good for the baby. Cheer up and don't let anyone judge or make you feel bad. Each mum has their own challenge.