Disrupted sleep. Week 16. Nasal congestion in the middle of the night :(

Hi mummies, I am just wondering is it normal to have disrupted sleep throughout the entire pregnancy ? Had morning sickness earlier stage of the pregnancy and it was really bad, I had to wake up from sleep to vomit. And literally food in food out. Now entering 16 weeks, finally morning sickness got a little better, then it comes all the back aches and also nasal congestion, toilet runs in the middle of the night. I have to wake up/sit up to get air, and it is like in the middle of 3am, and worst that I am not able to go back to bed afterwards. By everyday having a few hours of sleep (sometimes 3-4hours) really makes me think if everyone is going through some form of it, and if it is going to be like this throughout the entire pregnancy. Heard so many stories that 3rd trimester that it could get worst, and 2nd should be the “honeymoon” period. ( :( I couldn’t imagine there’s still 5 more months to this) And omg to all the mummies, it must been a whole lot to go through during the pregnancy. It makes me wonder if there are really magical mummies that have no signs of pregnancy symptoms at all (eat well sleep well and able to work well).

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Currently week 14. Been experiencing disrupted sleep since week 6 too, waking up to go to the toilet 2-3 times every night. til date there r no signs of improving even though I tried to stop drinking water by 9pm everyday. Very sleep deprived and sometimes I cannot fall back asleep until hours later but still need to drag myself to the massively crowded cbd everyday. sigh. Good thing is my nausea is showing some signs of improvement. Let's all jiayou together ba knowing that we are not alone... 🙏🏻👏🏻💪🏻

Read more

I prob enjoy too much during my first pregnancy. This 2nd pregnancy i get everyting that i never got in my 1st. Morning sickness and then comes the unable to slp at night. I also like u… i usually 3/4am wake up and cant slp back. So i go to work keep yawning some times. 🫠🫠 now its worse to sleep (no position seems to make me feel better) at night. 😢😢

Read more

I am 16 weeks too! I manage to sleep throughout and appetite is good as usual but the body ache is quite frequent ..walk also ache, lay down also ache .. but by right we shouldn’t be feeling the aches yet right? 😅 if 16 weeks alresdy ache, then I can’t imagine 3rd trimester mummies 😱

I'm at my 15 weeks and I already have been having disrupted sleep since early tri. every night is like slept 1 to 2hrs woke up 1 to 2hrs then only managed to get a good sleep when coming to 5am. lucky thing is tat I'm a housewife so I will take naps during the days.

Disrupted sleep is very common. It happened to be for both my pregnancies, and it lasted throughout T1 to T3. Actually, I felt that getting used to disrupted sleep was good for me as I was able to cope with the disrupted sleep when the baby arrived.