Disrupted sleep. Week 16. Nasal congestion in the middle of the night :(

Hi mummies, I am just wondering is it normal to have disrupted sleep throughout the entire pregnancy ? Had morning sickness earlier stage of the pregnancy and it was really bad, I had to wake up from sleep to vomit. And literally food in food out. Now entering 16 weeks, finally morning sickness got a little better, then it comes all the back aches and also nasal congestion, toilet runs in the middle of the night. I have to wake up/sit up to get air, and it is like in the middle of 3am, and worst that I am not able to go back to bed afterwards. By everyday having a few hours of sleep (sometimes 3-4hours) really makes me think if everyone is going through some form of it, and if it is going to be like this throughout the entire pregnancy. Heard so many stories that 3rd trimester that it could get worst, and 2nd should be the “honeymoon” period. ( :( I couldn’t imagine there’s still 5 more months to this) And omg to all the mummies, it must been a whole lot to go through during the pregnancy. It makes me wonder if there are really magical mummies that have no signs of pregnancy symptoms at all (eat well sleep well and able to work well).

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I prob enjoy too much during my first pregnancy. This 2nd pregnancy i get everyting that i never got in my 1st. Morning sickness and then comes the unable to slp at night. I also like u… i usually 3/4am wake up and cant slp back. So i go to work keep yawning some times. 🫠🫠 now its worse to sleep (no position seems to make me feel better) at night. 😢😢

Read more