5 Replies

The ultrasound is only an estimated weight. I had 2 small babies weighing 2.4kg only. 1 was born full term another was born premature. For the latter, I was admitted early at 34 weeks due to dilated cervix. Did an ultrasound and her estimated weight was a mere 1kg+ only so I ate 2 double cheeseburgers daily for 2 weeks (admitted that long until birth). Luckily I did not gained any weight but instead it went to her. I'm also anemiac but I still drank materna Anmum chocolate flavour once a day only. For the sake of my baby. If you're anemiac your gynae should know & may prescribe you some iron tablets to take.

Thank you mummy!

I also had a small baby… no matter what i ate, the baby doesn’t grow that much but i ballooned… reason being i had blood flow resistance to the placenta that is causing low baby weight. Was diagnosed with iugr… check with your doc to see if its really just your diet and not other issues… hopefully it’s just what you eat… try avocado. It’s beneficial as well

im currently 22 weeks, doc say baby looks chubby and stomache is bigger. i was adviced to cut down on my carbs...i gained only 2kg so far but it seems baby fatter than usual. Nothing to do with milk, i myself not taking milk but i do take prenatal vit. You try taking avocado, dates and nuts to increases baby fats.

VIP Member

yes. my baby was born underweight below 2.5kg, even had had hospitalise with UV for jaundiced. Now healthy and strong, she's 16mo now. Just have to take care of the newborn well and will grow up strong and healthy.

Try to eat more eggs, avocado & durians! All the best mummy!

Trending Questions

Related Articles