MIL problems, need advice (long post)

Hi mummies Am i the only one who has problems with my MIL? I'm not sure if it's because I'm very young therefore she thinks I'm incapable of taking care of my lo myself. But I'm having my confinement at my own home and my parents r both working but I'm doing fine handling my lo. My mil likes to tell me how i should care for my lo and what I should do when i don't need such advices bc I'm rly doing fine! Currently I'm alternating between my parents home n my in law in months so it's fair to both sides in terms of spending time with my lo and I'm honestly more comfortable at my own home as noone is here to micromanage me.. but my mil isnt happy about that, she is constantly arguing with my husband that i should be living with them instead as the baby is their family surname.. and my mil doesn't respect me when i tell her to not wake my baby up when my lo is sleeping she always carries her n wake her up on purpose and keeps insisting on giving my daughter pacifier when i do not encourage unless really necessary. Problems about my in law house that makes me uncomfortable also is because they always smoke in their home and definitely 2nd and 3rd hand smoke is NOT good for my lo but mil doesnt respect that! she still smokes in the house and in her room!!!!! mil also isnt happy that my husband n i r planning to rent a 2room from hdb bc she wants us to stay with her. What should i do?? i get very depressed whenever I'm at my in law house bc of the things my mil does. and I'm not able to voice up to her.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Let your husband be the linking bridge. He will be able to speak better and relates to his parents.