How do you deal with Trimester 1 nausea?

Hi mummies, i need some advice on how you deal with the irritating nausea in trimester 1? Its making me malfunction and i realised as the days go by, the more food aversion i have and i have totally zero cravings for food. I tried a variety but most is a neh and its tiring me out..

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Try to get Diclectin from doc. It helped me tremendously. Without the meds I basically cannot go work because even travelling is difficult. pharmacy instruction is 2 pills but I felt my body got too tired. so I take 1 every night for the next day and been working well for me. only occasional bloating throughout the day. eat small meals too like snack or fruits throughout the day :) I hated water, so one of the mummies suggested ribena a little a day and its been working for me.

Read more

Try starting your first meal with something you crave or feel like eating! Perhaps starting your day happy is starting your day right! I did that during first trimester so I hardly feel nauseous.. but if I eat something I dislike (because I try to eat healthy during my first trimester), I start puking the whole day 😅 so I just eat instant noodle, McDonald’s breakfast , ice Milo, prata and my baby is happy! Happy baby happy mummy! 😂😂😂

Read more

I could mostly eat fruits in the first trimester. Oranges really help when I felt the most nauseated. Inara organics barffy essential oil didn’t work for me but may work for others. Fresh on essential oil worked the best for me. I will apply on a tissue and basically inhale the scent continuously. You can apply on your mask if you have to wear one for work. Diclectin didn’t work for me as I felt the same from week 6-week14.

Read more

I am the same as you currently, and I brought up the symptoms to my gynae. I was given diclectin and it helps a bit! I can’t eat well so I drink a lot of soups and milk to keep myself fuller. I break my meals into small meals. Still have to try to eat a bit! đŸ„Č

you can bring it up to ur gynae and they can prescribe meds! otherwise, i drink lots of juice/smoothies/soup to help bc i couldn’t stomach anything either 😬 but liquids seem to help a bit!

I take a lot of fruits too, it helps me feel better while giving me the hydration I need as well. I also took coconut water and honey water.

Diclectin works wonders! I’m reaching end of tri 2 and still eating 2 pills every night so I can function the next day.

can try taking more protein instead of carbs to see if it helps?