Labour Options

Hi mummies.. I will be a mum of two soon.. my child will be exactly 2 years apart. I gave birth in 2021, with emergency csect. As I went through a lot of grey snapshots of my labour, after birth I prolly had a mild depression or baby blue. It took me months to recover. Even though I was traumatised, I do want to have another child. Now that I’m pregnant for my second one, because of my traumatised moments during labour from the previous one. I right away wanted my labour to be csect. Because maybe I know how the process works and such. But people around me ask me to go for natural birth. I felt disheartened and taken aback because they don’t know what I went through and it’s traumatic. Therefore I don’t want to go through natural birth because I don’t know what to expect and I don’t want to go through another traumatising moments again. If anyone can share you thoughts or views, so that I can enjoy my second pregnancy in peace and happy. 🥺🥺

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had natural birth for #1 and #2. But now, I am thinking of c sect for #3 cos I am not sure if my backache can take it. I took epidural for my first 2 pregnancies. So I am wondering if with c sect, I can avoid epidural.